Housing Association Valuations

We act for several Housing Associations, providing valuations for purchase, resale or staircasing on a variety of existing and new build properties throughout our area of coverage.

Housing Associations make residential properties available to people on lower incomes. On many former Local Authority estates they have taken over the role of landlord. Housing Associations are generally allocated a certain percentage of properties on new build development sites as ‘social housing’. Some of the properties are let to tenants. Others are sold under a shared ownership scheme whereby the owner buys a percentage of the property and pays a rent on the remainder.

Housing Associations require valuations for a variety of purposes. For instance, a valuation is required when a shared owner wishes to buy a further share in the property (known as staircasing) or wishes to sell their share to another prospective shared owner. The Housing Association has a responsibility to ensure that public funds are used in an efficient way and valuation advice is normally obtained from a chartered surveyor.

Patrick & Jane

We owe you a huge thank you as it was a result of our conversations with you that we discovered this problem which had not been picked up by either of the parties involved.. We believe if we had gone ahead, the property would have proved to be a bit of a millstone to future plans. Rest assured, that when we find another house we shall be calling on your excellent service again.


I shall certainly use your services again if required, and would not hesitate to recommend you to friends/colleagues.


Thank you for your speedy attention and very comprehensive report which I did read as soon as it was received and found to be exactly what I was looking for.


Not only was the report comprehensive and easy to read, the recommendations were invaluable.

Get In Touch

If we didn't answer all of your questions, feel free to call or email

Contact Us